From: "psperson@ix.netscom.com.invalid <0m3c2ct8279p0aetkk02t3ttqhtbeha 11 Nov 2016 20:34 +0200
To: All <o04qq1$96k$1@dont-email.me>
Subject: The problem of Susan
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:15:40 -0500, Bill O'Meally wrote: >On 2016-11-11 13:31:04 +0000, Rast said: > >> Steve Hayes wrote on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 06:57:23 +0200: >>> Tolkien is dead, and so there will be no new works to discuss, >> >> Eventually there will be a movie of the Children of Hurin. > >Is this a given? What do you know about it? > >> >> I'd like to hope that it's done right, but unfortunately it will probably >> be just like the movies we've had so far. > >If Jackson is involved, no doubt. I recently reread the Arabian Nights, and a very long story toward the end of the first volume would be /perfect/ for a PJ 3x3: it has three generations, separated siblings, rulers and successions, many battles, etc, etc. -- "Nature must be explained in her own terms through the experience of our senses."
From: "omeallymd@geemail.com" <o04qq1$96k$1@dont-email.me> 11 Nov 2016 18:15 +0200
To: All <MPG.326c54722336ac06989c1e@news
On 2016-11-11 13:31:04 +0000, Rast said: > Steve Hayes wrote on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 06:57:23 +0200: >> Tolkien is dead, and so there will be no new works to discuss, > > Eventually there will be a movie of the Children of Hurin. Is this a given? What do you know about it? > > I'd like to hope that it's done right, but unfortunately it will probably > be just like the movies we've had so far. If Jackson is involved, no doubt. -- Bill O'Meally
From: "rast2@yahoo.com" <MPG.326c54722336ac06989c1e@news 11 Nov 2016 15:31 +0200
To: All <e3ornbtblrge1niif3cs6ij08uvjrqs
Steve Hayes wrote on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 06:57:23 +0200: > Tolkien is dead, and so there will be no new works to discuss, Eventually there will be a movie of the Children of Hurin. I'd like to hope that it's done right, but unfortunately it will probably be just like the movies we've had so far. -- There walked into the lethal quicksands a very old man in tattered purple, crowned with withered vine-leaves and gazing ahead as if upon the golden domes of a fair city where dreams are understood. That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world. - H P Lovecraft